This week Baopals is here to give you a reason to drink. Discover the miraculous healing powers of all of your favorite alcohols and justify that extra margarita on a night out.
Perhaps not the best for losing a couple of pounds, but if you’re not weight conscious, then beer has a plethora of health benefits.
- Cardiovascular Health - Beer raises your HDL cholesterol (that’s the good kind) making your ticker stronger.
- Cognitive Function - Studies show that drinking beer boosts your brain power and keeps dementia and Alzheimer’s at bay.
- Nutrition - Beer (especially dark beer) is rich in fiber, folate, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, and vitamins B6 and B12.
Oh vodka, that magical liquor that mixes well with everything, except decisions. However, you’ll be surprised to hear that it does a lot more than making you lose your dignity.
- Weight Loss - Vodka is a carb free drink and only contains 64 calories per ounce! That means you can smash shot after shot and not worry about packing on any pounds. You’ll also probably start dancing your buns off, causing you to burn off even more fat.
- Blood Pressure - Vodka improves blood circulation and regulates blood pressure. So remember a shot of vodka a day keeps heart attacks away.
- Skin Care - Vodka acts as an astringent. This means if you rub a bit of it on your skin, you’ll tighten the pores making your skin look fresh and radiant.
Whiskey, also known as liquid sunshine, will brighten your day in the following ways.
- Cancer Prevention - This may come as a surprise, but scientific studies show that whiskey helps stave off and fight cancer. This is because whiskey contains high amounts of ellagic acid which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Diabetes Prevention - Whiskey helps your body’s ability to manage glucose. A glass of whiskey a day can reduce your chances of developing diabetes by 30 to 40 percent.
- Weight Loss - Just like vodka, whiskey has zero carbs. So downing a bottle of Jack won’t hurt your waistline. In addition, that whiskey induced street fight you got into probably burned a couple hundred calories as well.
When life gives you lemons, grab tequila & salt... Cause it’s time to get healthy.
- Blood Sugar Levels - Tequila is made from the agave plant, which contains natural sugars that trigger insulin production and lower your blood sugar levels.
- Cholesterol Regulation - Research shows that agavins act like fiber and lower your triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- Probiotics - Tequila contains probiotics which are healthy bacteria that live in our intestines and help bolster our immune system as well as acting as a digestive aid.
The gin and tonic has saved more Englishmen’s lives and minds than all the doctors in the Empire.
- Bane of Malaria - The quote above wasn’t just Churchill spouting hot air. The G&T was actually a British concoction to prevent malaria.
- Inflammation - The juniper berries which gin is made from are loaded with compounds that battle chronic inflammation, so drinking small amounts of gin on a regular basis can actually combat things such as arthritis.
- Fights Infections - Gin fights both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, thereby helping your body stave off bacterial infections.